A Taste of Summer Crepe
The sweet taste of mandarin and pineapple in a whipped topping gives this breakfast crepe a summertime feel. Each crepe is 2 carb servings. This recipe substitutes whipped topping for yogurt helping to lower the potassium and phosphorus per crepe while still providing a delicious breakfast option.
- Beat the nondairy creamer, egg substitute and oil in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, and sugar.
- Add to the liquid mixture.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for an hour.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Take crepe batter out of the refrigerator and stir.
- Pour 2 tbsp of batter into middle of skillet.
- Tilt pan around to evenly spread out the batter.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Let cooked crepes cool on wire rack.
- When cool, stack the crepes with wax paper in between.
- Mix pineapple and mandarin oranges together in large bowl.
- Fold in the whip topping.
- Scoop 1/3 cup and pour down center of each crepe.
- Roll each crepe once filled.
- Dust with confectioner sugar is optional.