Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
Great for company or a gathering. This is a fun twist on regular French toast while providing 8 grams of protein per serving, which is more than a large egg would provide. Each serving of the French Toast Casserole is about 2 carb servings.
- Cube bread.
- Spray 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread half of the bread cubes in the bottom of the pan.
- Beat softened cream cheese, cinnamon, applesauce, and confectioner sugar in a bowl.
- Pour applesauce-cream cheese mixture evenly over bread cubes.
- Place the remaining cubed bread on top.
- Add egg mixture and nondairy creamer in a large bowl. Stir till mixed.
- Pour evenly over bread in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon over bread mixture is optional.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Press on the bread to make sure all pieces are completely soaked.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hour. Best if refrigerated overnight.
- Bake for 1 hr minutes at 325ºF in preheated oven.
Tastes great with a little syrup drizzled over the top!