Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
The apple stuffing is a nice complement to this entrée adding a sweet/tangy flavor. Low in sodium and only 1 carb serving per apple stuffed pork chop serving.
Serving size: 1/2 pork chop (6 ounces)
4 teaspoonsolive oil
2apples (large, peeled, diced)
2celery stalks (medium, diced)
1onion (small, diced)
4 cupswhite bread (low sodium, cut into cubes and left to air dry overnight)
1⁄4 cupbalsamic vinegar
- Turn the oven to 300°F.
- Slice each pork chop horizontally to make a pocket. Make sure not to cut all the way through.
- Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in large skillet.
- Sauté the diced apples, celery, and onion over medium heat for about 3-5 mins until soft.
- Mix in bread cubes.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and water. Make sure everything is completely moist.
- Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Once completely heated through, stuff each pork chop. Put any remaining stuffing to the side in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of olive oil in the skillet on high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, cook each pork chop about 1-2 mins on each side to make them a light golden color.
- Organize each seared pork chop in a baking dish and place the remaining stuffing around them.
- Use aluminum foil to cover dish and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Serve with extra stuffing and enjoy!
Calories: 216 kcal
Protein: 19 g
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Phosphorus: 213 mg
Potassium: 389 mg
Sodium: 120 mg