Touchdown Chicken Wings
For the people that prefer sweet wings over hot ones, this recipe is for you! 14 grams of protein, lower in phosphorus, and potassium per serving. Counts as 2 ½ carb servings.
Serving size: 2 wings
16chicken wing(s) (medium)
1⁄4 cupsoy sauce (low sodium)
2 tablespoonschili sauce (low sodium)
1 teaspoonground ginger
1 tablespoongarlic powder
- Put chicken wings in medium dish.
- Mix soy sauce, honey, molasses, chili sauce, ginger, and garlic powder in medium bowl.
- Pour mixture over the chicken.
- Arrange chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour sauce over the top.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, until chicken is completely cooked.
- Marinate wings in sauce for a few hours before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange marinated chicken wings in a large baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Turn the wings once.
- Make sure the meat is no longer pink.
- Internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165°F to be done.
Calories: 227 kcal
Protein: 14 g
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Phosphorus: 87 mg
Potassium: 157 mg
Sodium: 443 mg