Un-Corned Beef and Cabbage
Get into the Irish mood and enjoy this popular St Patty’s Day dish! Fresh beef brisket and seasonings are used instead of corned beef and a flavor packet to keep the sodium down. Each serving has 22 g of protein, 3 g of fiber, and only 179 mg of sodium.
- Put the carrots and onions in the bottom of a crock pot
- Add water, garlic, coriander seeds, vinegar, black pepper, bay leaf, and brown sugar to a small bowl
- Mix together and pour over the carrots and onions
- Place the brisket and cabbage on top of the vegetables
- Cook on low for about 8 hours or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender
- Remove bay leaf and serve